USRAH 3: Reflections

As-salāmu ʿalaykum

    It has been a while. And as I am writing, the world has gone through a lot of changes and trials since we entered 2020. Allahu Akbar. I can't help but pen down my reflections and thoughts on the matter.

    Firstly, as we all know, with the pandemic going on, and people are forced to stay at home and borders are closed, I am currently in Singapore. It has been more than 4 months now. Alhamdulillah, I am fine and healthy here. The situation is Singapore is getting better day by day and it is safe to say that we are almost back to normal.

    Back to Usrah, basically, our theme that we discussed on this time round was Hijrah. Hijrah is personal to every individual, as no two persons would experience Hijrah the same way. As for me, I am truly inspired by the stories shared by fellow sisters. So inspiring indeed. It reminds me of my journey of self-development and self-discovery and the challenges that come with it but more than anything, I recall the sweetness and inner peace I gained from it. Kinda makes me ponder that I have been stagnant for a while and in need of some growth.

    In fact, it is time for me, I guess, to set an intention to continue improving and constantly strive to be a better versions of myself - just like I have written in one of my first few posts during Usrah 1. Just like a saying from Umar Ibn Khattab, the intention is directly connected to our HIjrah for it can determine the outcome of our Hijrah.

'Umar Ibn Al-Khattab relates that he heard the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam, say, "Verily actions are by intentions, and for every person is what he intended. So the one whose hijrah was to Allah and His Messenger, then his hijrah was to Allah and His Messenger. And the one whose hijrah was for the world to gain from it, or a woman to marry her, then his hijrah was to what he made hijrah for." 
    With that, I hope by the next time I post, the global situation would be much better and hopefully I would have grown to a certain extent or at least improve some aspects of myself. Ameen Ameen.

Signing off,
Azzah.

Comments

Popular Posts